Hurricane Ian

American Red Cross

The American Red Cross or other voluntary agencies may be able to assist you with essential needs on an emergency basis including serious needs not addressed by your insurance company or other disaster assistance programs.

To help you reconnect with family and friends, the American Red Cross offers a free, on-line service where you can register yourself as being “safe and well”. Concerned family and friends can search for you based on a pre-disaster address or phone number.

To register visit

Crisis Counseling

Referral services and short-term intervention counseling is available for mental health problems caused or aggravated by the disaster.

Fraud Detection

To report possible fraud regarding Federal Disaster Assistance please call FEMA’s Fraud Detection toll free number.

Insurance Information

Help and/or counseling is available on insurance problems and questions, which may include obtaining copies of lost policies, claims filing, expediting settlements, etc. If you have not been able to resolve your problem with your insurance company you may contact your State Insurance Commissioner. For flood insurance inquiries, contact the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Help is available from the Social Security Administration (SSA) in expediting delivery of checks delayed by the disaster and in applying for Social security disability or survivor benefits.

Unemployment Assistance

If you or a member of your household lost work or became unemployed due to the disaster, your local unemployment office may provide benefits and services, even if you are self-employed, through their regular unemployment and/or Disaster Unemployment Assistance Program. This program may also assist you if you have become the head of household because the working breadwinner was fatally injured as a result of the disaster.

Veterans Benefits

The Veterans Administration (VA) can expedite delivery of information about benefits, pensions, insurance settlements, and VA mortgage loans.

For more resources please visit